Agudas [Agudath] Israel of America and Canada - Second Annual Convention Booklet August 22 - 26, 1940

caption:
Welcome Great ones of Israel
Messengers among us are pivotal for Agudath Israel

  •  
Vaad Hoir Union of Congregations of Cincinnati
 
Vaad Hakashrus
 
Congregation Knesseth Israel
 
Congregation Ohav Shalom
 
Congregation Beth Tefilah
 
Congregation Agudath Israel of Newport
 
Congregation Heichel Israel of Covington
 
Congregation Yad Cherutzim  
 
Young Israel
 
Chevra Shas
 
 Congregation Agudath Israel B’nei Yaakov
 
Congregation Kehilos B’nei Israel
 
Congregation Tiferes Israel
 
Congregation New Hope
 
Congregation Beth Shalom
 
Congregation Beth Jacob
 
Yeshivas Eitz chaim
 
Vaad
 

Identifer: CJF.2012.002.1719

Medium
-

Topics
Agudath Israel of America; Kneseth Israel Congregation of Cincinnati (Rabbi Silver’s shul)

Collections
Kneseth Israel Congregation Collection, Rabbi Jacob Lustig Collection

Description
Convention Held in 1940 in Cincinnati, Ohio.  

Rabbi Eliezer Silver, an Eastern European-trained rabbi, established the first office of Agudath Israel in America during the 1930s, organizing its first conference in 1939. After the Holocaust, some prominent rabbis made their home in America who established amoetzes ("[supreme] council") and the movement began to grow rapidly with the rise of the yeshiva-based and Hasidic Orthodox communities.

Related Objects

Leave a Comment

Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055
powered by CollectiveAccess 2014