Ten Commandments (Decalogue) with Lion of Judah and Flag of Zion
From the Roselawn Synagogue, Cincinnati, OH
Three pieces of wood were joined to create this piece. The Decalogue in the middle is flanked by the painted likeness of a lion on the left, which is signed “Phil M Shaw” with “40” written below the name. Presumably this refers to the year 1940. The wood is painted creamy white; the Hebrew lettering is black. On the right flank of the tablets is a Magen David with a light blue stripe above and below and the word “Tsion” inside.