New Hope Synagogue Dedication
The New Hope Synagogue and Center, 1625 Crest Hill Avenue, Roselawn, will be officially dedicated at 2:20 p.m. Sunday.
The Rev. Manfred Rabenstein, spiritual leader of the congregation will take part in the service which will bring Dr. Samson R. Weiss here from New York City to be the guest speaker. Dr. Weiss is executive vice president of the Union Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America. He was born and educated in Europe.
Sharing in the dedication will be Councilman Walton H. Bacharach, who will bring the city’s greetings; Rabbi Eliezer Silver, representing the United Orthodox Congregations of Cincinnati; Leo Kramer of the board of directors of the New Hope Congregation, master of ceremonies, and Fred S. Mott, president of the congregation, who will deliver the official welcome. Mr. Mott, a former judge in the City of Berlin, has been president of New Hope Congregation since 1948 with the exception of three years. Under his leadership the first house of worship and center on Prospect place was acquired, and sold in 1957 and the new building in Roselawn was erected.
The New Hope Synagogue has a shrine for 10 aged Holy Scrolls rescued from Nazi destruction. The center contains classrooms for the New Hope Hebrew School, social halls and kitchen.