Stained Glass Window from Anshe Sholom (The Romanishe Shul), Cincinnati, Ohio (aka The Golf Manor Synagogue)
caption: This window originally hung in the Clark Street location of the West End Orthodox Synagogue (Anshe Sholom) of Cincinnati, Ohio, that was founded in 1902. It was known affectionately as the “Romanishe Shul”. In 1932, with the movement of Jews out of the West End, it joined to become part of the synagogue known as the Golf Manor Synagogue. The window remained boarded up in the building until Cincinnati City Hall gave permission for it to be removed and added to the University of Cincinnati Hillel Collection.
Description The window was acquired for the University of Cincinnati Hillel Collection with the assistance of Colman Hanish, past president of University of Cincinnati Hillel’s Board of Trustees, and with the permission of Cincinnati City Hall.
The window was dedicated by Esther Becker in memory of her mother, Malka Sonenschein
Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055