Stained Glass Window (Yom Kippur) from the Adath Israel Congregation, Cincinnati, Ohio

1927

caption:
Rectangular Leaded Stained Glass Panel bearing the words Yom Kippur in the center

This window was located in the synagogue building on Reading Road at Lexington Avenue, that was in use from 1927 until 1967. 
 

 

Identifer: CJF.2009.001.149

Medium
Glass;Wood

Topics
Adath Israel Congregation; Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement); Ritual and Decorative Objects; Items on Display

Collection
University of Cincinnati Hillel Collection

Description
There were a total of 10 large art glass windows in the sanctuary that bore the names in Hebrew of the Jewish festivals in their lower halves and the symbols pertaining to each in the upper half. 
 
This window was donated to the University of Cincinnati Hillel Collection by Dr. and Mrs. Sidney Peerless.  Mrs. Peerless was the daughter of the late Rabbi Louis Feinberg, former Rabbi of Adath Israel Congregation.

Related Objects
[BLANK]

Leave a Comment

Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055
powered by CollectiveAccess 2014