Maroon Velvet Torah Cover from Congregation B’nai Avraham (Cincinnati, OH)
caption: Maroon velvet torah cover with gold fringe at the top and along the lower front hem. Below a white satin crown, embroidered in royal blue and gold is a Decalogue flanked by two erect gold lions. The Decalogue has pointed top edges. Below is a white satin vase embroidered in a green floral pattern. In the vase is a single white satin and green embroidered flower with gold vine leaves. Embroidered in Hebrew is the name: “Moishe Rubenstein”.
Description Also known as the Norwood Shul, B’nai Avraham was established as an orthodox synagogue in 1913. A year later, it was incorporated and moved to a simple wood frame building on Hopkins Avenue.
Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055