Hebrew Schools & Yeshivas; American Rescue & Relief Efforts
Yeshivat Chochmei Lublin was founded in Lublin, Poland in 1929, by Rabbi Mayer Shapiro. It was transplanted to Detroit, Michigan in 1942.
The Yeshivat Chochmei Lublin was located in Detroit, Michigan on the northwest corner of Linwood and Elmhurst. The building that housed the yeshiva was purchased by Shloime Leib Bookstein, a great business man and holy Jew born in Glowno, Poland in 1870.
Ultimately in the mid 1960's it was removed to the state of Israel.
Yeshiva Chachmey Lublin was founded by a Rabbi Rothenberg and his brother-in-law Rabbi Franklin. It was located on the cornfer of Elmhurst and Linwood and it had facilities for room and board for out of town students. Rabbi Rothenberg was able to get young men who escaped the holocaust and who made it to Shanghai, as students to come to this country and be saved. It also accommodated local Jewish day school students.