Yom Kippur Program from the Aschaffenburg Synagogue, 1934

1934

caption:
Program for Yom Kippur services held at the synagogue in Aschaffenburg; September 19, 1934

Identifer: CJF.2009.001.282

Medium
Paper;Inks

Topics
World War II & The Holocaust; Jewish Community; Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement)

Collection
University of Cincinnati Hillel Collection

Description
A synagogue in Aschaffenburg was first mentioned in 1344; it was used by the Jewish community until the middle of the 15th century. The building fell into decay and destroyed in 1459. 

A new synagogue was built between the years 1890-1893, on the walls of the old building. On the morning of November 10th, 1938, the Sefer Torah, Parochet and archives were set on fire and the building destroyed by fire. 

Related Objects
[BLANK]

Leave a Comment

Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055
powered by CollectiveAccess 2014