Medal of Heichal Shlomo Synagogue, Jerusalem (Seat of the Israeli Chief Rabbinate)

1958

caption:
The Front / Obverse depicts an image of the building.

  • Medal of Heichal Shlomo Synagogue, Jerusalem (Seat of the Israeli Chief Rabbinate)
  • Medal of Heichal Shlomo Synagogue, Jerusalem (Seat of the Israeli Chief Rabbinate)
  • Medal of Heichal Shlomo Synagogue, Jerusalem (Seat of the Israeli Chief Rabbinate)

Identifer: CJF-RFC2013142

Medium
-

Topics
Synagogue Books, Postcards, Pictures & Medals; Jerusalem

Description
This medal depicts the Heichal Shlomo Synagogue complex ("Hall of Shlomo") which serves as the seat of the Israeli Chief Rabbinate since 1958, named after Shlomo Wolfson, the father of Sir Isaac Wolfson, who donated the money for the construction of the building. 
                                                                                       
The complex includes the offices of the Chief Rabbinate, the High Court of the religious Jewish judicial system, the chief Jewish library of Israel, and a Synagogue. 

Related Objects
[BLANK]

Leave a Comment

Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055
powered by CollectiveAccess 2014