20th Century Shabbat Menorah

20th century

caption:
Seven-branched candelabrum, in the “arts and crafts” style.  The menorah bears the stamp of its manufacturer, “Tressel Co., Cincinnati, Ohio”.  The base is engraved, “ To Max W. Sofer, President, May 1941 to June 1942, with affection and gratitude”
 

Identifer: CJF.2009.001.094

Medium
Silver

Topics
Hanukah (the Festival of Lights)

Collection
University of Cincinnati Hillel Collection

Description
The Menorah was acquired by Phyllis Karp and her son J. Louis Karp, and donated to Hillel in memory of Gilbert Karp

Leave a Comment

Cincinnati Judaica Fund| 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-241-5748
Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education | 8401 Montgomery Road | Cincinnati, OH 45236 | 513-487-3055
powered by CollectiveAccess 2014